Honoring public officials, journalists, and civic leaders who make a positive impact on New Mexico!
- Spirit of Bipartisanship Awards honors public officials who put good policy above partisan politics.
- Spirit of Civic Leadership Awards honors community and business leaders who make a difference through effective
collaboration across party or stakeholder lines.
- Spirit of Journalistic Excellence Awards honors media professionals who advance fair in-depth coverage of policy issues.
- Lifetime Achievement Award honors people in any category who have advanced sound, collaborative practices
throughout their careers.
Criteria and Considerations All Awardees
- Awardees can work at state, local or federal levels so long as they are advancing a stronger New Mexico.
- Awardees should address serious problems, attempting progress or education on major issues.
Spirit of Bipartisanship Awards
- Bipartisanship is collaboration across any parties, Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Green, etc.
- Must have demonstrated bipartisanship across time, representing a high volume of their policymaking.
- Support or opposition for New Mexico First bills is not a litmus test for receiving this award. The primary criteria is bipartisanship.
Spirit of Journalistic Excellence
- Must have demonstrated excellence in journalism across time, through their entire work.
- Awardees work should highlight policy issues important to New Mexicans.
- Examples of excellence may include collaborative journalism, in-depth coverage, direct engagement with the public in coverage or media events,
- Coverage should reflect integrity and character in the face of political pressure and inspires public trust in the media.
Spirit of Civic Leadership Awards
- Consider whether the community or business leader made a difference through effective collaboration across party or stakeholder lines.